The Bureau of Street Services scheduled a Small Asphalt Repairs (SAR) truck for the Greater Toluca Lake Neighborhood Council District to perform small asphalt repairs on 7/09/19 (see FAQ attachment).
If anyone would like to submit a request for a repair, please email email@example.com by 6/27/19.
Neighborhood Council Initiative
Frequently Asked Questions (see FAQs)
- What is the Neighborhood Council Initiative (“Blitz”)?
- Mayor Garcetti and Bureau of Street Services collaborating to meet the Mayor’s goal of getting back to basics
- How is this program getting back to basics?
- A pothole truck is assigned to work in a different Neighborhood Council (NC) every day.
- Each Neighborhood Council receives personalized small asphalt repair service for a day
- How does this program work?
- The Bureau’s Neighborhood Council Initiative Representative contacts an NC Executive Board via e-mail.
- The e-mail informs the NC Exec Board of the date the work is going to take place, the format to use when submitting locations for inspection, and the last day to submit locations for inspection.
- The locations submitted are inspected and repairs are scheduled.
- Who determines which locations will be addressed?
- The NC Exec Board forwards its priorities to Street Services NC Initiative Representative.
- The Bureau’s Representative determines which locations can be completed with the resources and time allocated.
- The NC is informed which locations will be repaired.
- What resources are allocated for this program?
- 1 small asphalt repair (SAR) truck, consisting of 2 workers and asphalt, is dispatched to repair neighborhood selected locations.
- What type of repairs can be addressed with this program?
- Small asphalt repairs include:
- Potholes and pop outs
- Skin patching of eroded or cracked areas
- Some sidewalk repairs(holes, missing concrete, loose)
- Some repairs on concrete streets
- What happens in case of inclement weather?
- In case of rain or inclement weather the neighborhood council is informed of cancellation and the work is rescheduled.
- Which neighborhood councils are involved?
- Every NC is invited to participate in the program by submitting locations important to their neighborhood when they receive the notice from the Bureau’s Representative.